Googleism is the belief that Google is the closest thing to a “God” that humans have ever known. Kinda wacky I know, I for one would never give up a religion to anything this new. I’m not even really sure if it’s just for fun or not, but philosophically, scientifically, it is interesting.
There is no shortage of religious ideas out there. We as human’s have a vast and ever evolving sense of the divine. There is nothing wrong with new ideas so long as those ideas are not based on hurting others.
The Church of Google provides 9 proofs for the divinity of Google. Each one has flaws, but here’s the list.
- Google is Omniscient (all-knowing), indexing vast libraries of information.
- Google is everywhere at once (Omnipresent).
- Google answers prayers. Search for answers and get answers.
- Google exists on the internet, which was designed by the military to be indestructible, making Google imortal.
- Google is infinite, forever growing larger.
- Google can “do no evil” (Omnibenevolent). It’s the company motto.
- “Google” is searched for more than any religious figure, or icon.
- Google’s existence is provable.
The FAQ page is definitely worth a look. Is there a Google afterlife? How can you become a Google minister? If your easily offended when anyone has anything negative to say about your religion then I would avoid the arguments page, and probably the forum, and maybe the whole site. It exists, get over it.